Protecting your builds #
We know how frustrating it can be to spend hours building your masterpiece and making it look just the way you want it, only to find when you come back later, someone has destroyed it! That’s why we have chosen Grief Prevention as our land protection system. Please watch the videos below (or at least the “Introduction” video) to learn how to protect your land.
General Overview #
To claim your land, you will need any golden shovel. You can easily get one from /kit claim Starter . Right-click both corners (in a square area) that you would like to claim. If you have enough claim blocks, you will see a border of gold and glowstone appear showing the area.
You can resize a claim by right-clicking a claim corner and clicking the new corner. Find claim corners by holding a golden shovel to show any nearby claims. You can also right-click blocks with a stick to see whether a block is claimed.
Claim Blocks #
Claim blocks are gained through playtime or through the store.
- Initial claim blocks: 500
- Claim blocks earned per hour: 500
- Maximum claim blocks: 100,000
All Land Protection commands can be viewed on the Helpful Server Commands page here.
Selling a Claim #
Use a Real Estate sign to sell your claim in survival to another player. Place a sign inside your claim where the first line is [Re] and second line is the selling price (the first line needs two have two square brackets). When a buyer right clicks the sign, money will transfer from the buyer to you, and the claim will transfer to them.
Land Claim Expiration Rules #
- Players who ONLY have the free chest-created claim, have NOT expanded it, and who have been offline for 14 days will have their claim removed and the land will be cleaned up automatically.
- Claims that appear to be unused (meaning very little is built in them and are essentially protecting only nature) and where owners have been offline for 14 days, will have their claim removed and the land will be cleaned up automatically.
- Players who have expanded their claim and have spent at least a small amount of time building something, will not have their plot automatically expired. This may be manaully done at 90days+ inactive. The claim may be offered to players trusted in the claim but this depends if they have claim blocks and if they are also active. This is at the discretion of the Admin clearing the area.
- If you are away from the server for over 120 days, your claims in survival will be removed, even if nobody is nearby. This is to keep the world from getting cluttered up with old builds. If the claim has one or more trusted players who has been online within the last 90 days, the claim will instead be transferred to one of those players.