We are excited to announce the opening of a new Skyblock world that features expanded challenges and new rewards. Some of the new features include:
- You can grant trust to other players, allowing them to build on your island. This way people can be a member of multiple islands without losing their own island. Alternatively, you can invite somebody to join your island, but in that case they will lose their existing island (and inventory).
- You can define a warp point on your island and allow people to warp to your island to visit. Banning specific players from visiting is supported (like deny in creative).
- Challenges can now be shared between island members.
- Nether islands! Players can now get islands in the nether after reaching a particular island level.
- Deep Ocean Biome is now supported. It will convert squids into guardians, provided they are covered with prismarine blocks.
How Nether Islands work:
- An island will be created in the skyworld nether on island creation/restart.
- The island will have sparse resources, but enough to get you started.
- Whenever a player breaks a block on the island, the block might spawn another block.
- Wither skeletons, skeletons and blazes will spawn naturally on netherbricks.
Everybody starts fresh on the new Skyblock world. For a list of available commands, see this wiki page.
Note that the old Skyblock world will stay around for around a month then it will be deactivated.